Douglas County CARES Act Grant Programs LEARN MORE
An overview of available grants
As a resource and partner to local nonprofits in the community, the Foundation offers robust grant programming throughout the year.
Before you start the application process, please visit the associated grant page for details. We invite all eligible organizations to apply.
How to Apply
First, visit the grant page you are interested in and read the program details and eligibility requirements. All grant applications are received via our online grant portal.
When you are ready to apply:
- Follow any “Apply Now” button if you have not yet started an application or created an account in the grant portal—then select the program you wish to apply for from the dropdown menu.
- Log in to the grant portal if you have already created an account, started an application, or need to submit a grant report.
Grant applications are accepted annually during the following dates, due at 11:59 pm of the last day of the application date range.
January 1 – March 1
- Omaha Neighborhood Grants for neighborhood projects initiated by residents
- African American Unity Fund for programming, operational, or capacity building support benefiting the African American community
- Futuro Latino Fund for programming, operational, or capacity building support benefiting the Latino community
- LGBTQIA+ Equality Fund for programming, operational, or capacity building support benefiting the LGBTQIA+ Community
June 1 – July 15
- Jetton Charitable Fund for youth access to the arts, history, and natural sciences
- Creche Childhood Education Fund for early childhood education
- Richard A. Shaw Fund for history, natural sciences, and outdoor education
July 1 – August 1
- Fund for Omaha for nonprofits operating in Omaha-Council Bluffs
- Building Healthy Futures Fund for programs that provide access to healthcare for children
Southwest Iowa Grants
Looking for information on Southwest Iowa grant programs? Visit the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa page and select your county.