Building Healthy Futures Fund
Providing access to quality healthcare for children who need it most
Childhood healthcare can play a major role in a person’s overall health, academic achievement, and economic stability throughout their lifetime. The Building Healthy Futures grant program supports learning for children by improving access to quality healthcare.
This grant program supports the following focus areas:
- Innovative efforts to provide health support for youth who have limited access
- Connection to a health need or gap in service for youth
- Support for primary care, dental care, vision health, and/or mental health
- Addresses a healthcare issue at a systems level
- Thoughtful collaboration with partners to realize impact
- Advocacy for youth access to health
Award Size: $50,000 minimum
Applications are accepted annually July 1 – August 1. Awards are announced via email by October 31.
Grants are awarded yearly, with the opportunity to consider multi-year requests based on the nature and impact of the grant request.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the online grant portal.
Eligibility and Award Requirements
- Public, tax-exempt organization as defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, OR working with a 501(c)(3) fiscal agent who can receive funds on your behalf
- Douglas and Sarpy Counties
- Applicants’ policies and practices must be in alignment with the following non-discrimination clause: the applicant organization does not discriminate in hiring practices or service provision to clients and/or customers based on race, ethnicity, religious preference, age, [mental, emotional, or physical] ability/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, or gender.