Building Healthy Futures Fund
Providing access to quality healthcare for children who need it most
Childhood healthcare can play a major role in a person’s overall health, academic achievement, and economic stability throughout their lifetime. The Building Healthy Futures grant program supports learning for school-age youth by improving access to quality healthcare.
This grant program supports the following focus areas:
- Innovative efforts to provide health support for school-age youth who have limited access
- Connection to a health need or gap in service for school-age youth
- Support for primary care, dental care, vision health, and/or mental health
- Addresses a healthcare issue at a systems level
- Thoughtful collaboration with partners to realize impact
- Advocacy for school-age youth access to health
Award Size: $50,000 minimum
Applications are accepted annually July 1 – August 1. Awards are announced via email by October 31.
Grants are awarded yearly, with the opportunity to consider multi-year requests based on the nature and impact of the grant request.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the online grant portal.
Eligibility and Award Requirements
- Public, tax-exempt organization as defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, OR working with a 501(c)(3) fiscal agent who can receive funds on your behalf
- Omaha Public School students
- Applicants’ policies and practices must be in alignment with the following non-discrimination clause: the applicant organization does not discriminate in hiring practices or service provision to clients and/or customers based on race, ethnicity, religious preference, age, [mental, emotional, or physical] ability/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, or gender.