Give to the new Community Resilience Fund to support our community as we rebuild and recover from COVID-19. DONATE NOW
Building Healthy Futures Fund
Keeping kids healthy and ready to learn
Childhood healthcare can play a major role in overall health, academic achievement, and economic stability throughout their lifetime.
The Building Healthy Futures grant program supports learning for school-age youth by improving access to quality healthcare.
This grant program supports the following focus areas:
- Health Access: Programming and advocacy efforts that ensure every child has access to needed and adequate primary, vision, dental, and hearing care.
- Mental Health: Programming that promotes protective factors around mental health risks, ensures equitable access to mental health treatment services, and supports the normalization of self-care and mental health care.
Investment decisions are made for organizations or projects with the following considerations:
- Innovative efforts to provide health support for school-age youth who have limited access
- Connection to a health need or gap in service for school-age youth
- Addresses a healthcare issue at a systems level
- Thoughtful collaboration with partners to realize impact
Award Size: $50,000 minimum for programmatic support
Applications are accepted annually July 1 – August 1. Awards are announced via email by October 31.
Grants are awarded yearly, with the opportunity to consider multi-year requests based on the nature and impact of the grant request.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the online grant portal.
Eligibility and Award Requirements
- Public, tax-exempt organization as defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, OR working with a 501(c)(3) fiscal agent who can receive funds on your behalf
- Must provide services to Omaha Public Schools students and/or their families. Services do not necessarily need to occur within Omaha Public Schools’ buildings.
- Applicants’ policies and practices must be in alignment with the following non-discrimination clause: The applicant organization does not discriminate in hiring practices or service provision to clients and/or customers based on race, ethnicity, religious preference, age, [mental, emotional, or physical] ability/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, or gender.