Your partner in philanthropy. SEE advisor resources
Donor Advised Funds
Simplicity, tax benefits, and long-term impact—an all-in-one solution for your charitable giving
Donor Advised Funds are the fastest growing type of fund in the nation for good reason: they are tax-smart, simple to manage, and help donors and their successors to facilitate larger, long-term philanthropic investments.
While this is the fastest growing type of fund, we also offer Charitable Checkbook funds and many other options to meet the specific needs of each donor. And, all our other funds have access to all the Foundation’s services, knowledge, and resources to help make giving more impactful.
Receive tax benefits and flexibility
- An initial contribution of $25,000 or more in cash or appreciated assets allows all the benefits of a private foundation, without the added expenses or administrative burdens.
- Recommend one of four investment program options used for the fund, and receive any earnings above the professional’s service fee back into the account tax-free.
- Decide the timing of grants to nonprofit organizations—there is no requirement to advise a grant from the account in a given year.
- Receive a tax donation upon receipt of donations into the fund.
Strategically increase your impact with our knowledge and resources
- Get access to our library of donor resources, including knowledge reports and updates on philanthropic trends and research relevant to a donor’s giving interests.
- Receive updates on local, regional, and national philanthropic trends and news that’s relevant to a donor’s interests or passions.
- Assign successors (children, family, etc.) to continue advising grants past your lifetime.
- Engage in specialized family giving services; participate in family discussions with Foundation facilitators to create a family philanthropic plan.
Specialized service, convenience, and easy management of gifts
- Utilize our online donor portal to distribute grants of $100 or more to the nonprofit of your choice at the time of your choosing.
- Monitor account activity online, receive quarterly fund statements, and the necessary paperwork at tax time
- Avoid capital gains by donating long-term appreciated assets into the fund, including stock, real estate, mutual funds, and life insurance.
- Receive acknowledgment for grants or choose to remain anonymous.