The Fremont County Community Foundation awarded $32,000 to Fremont County nonprofit organizations and community projects during its Fall 2022 Grant Cycle. Including these most recent grants, the Fremont County Community Foundation has distributed more than $2.5 million in grants and scholarships over the last 24 years.
The following organizations are Fall 2022 Grant Recipients:
- City of Tabor – $850, Tabor Park Playground Improvements 2022
- City of Thurman – $2,500, Shelter Roof
- Farragut Community Hometown Pride – $1,215, Additional Picnic Table
- Fremont Mills Jr. Knights Football – $3,445, Football Helmets
- George C. Grape Community Hospital – $8,250, Improving Health in Fremont County
- Hamburg Community School District – $3,540, Charter School Construction Program and Vocal Music Program
- Knights Athletic Club – $600, Field and Equipment Improvements
- Lakin Library & Envisioning Center – $700, Storage Shed
- Nishna Productions, Inc. – $1,700, Residential Generator
- Percival Hometown Pride – $2,500, Park Improvement-Lawn Swing
- Randolph Hometown Pride – $2,200, Town Updates
- Thurman Fire Department – $4,500, Repair Pump in Fire Truck
All grantees met the criteria as Fremont County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Fremont County were eligible to apply.
These grant funds were made possible by the generosity of donors to the Fremont County Community Foundation and the following charitable funds through the community foundation: Farragut Community Endowment Fund; Hamburg Arts Endowed Fund; Hamburg Community Endowment Fund; Percival Community Endowment Fund; Randolph Community Endowment Fund, Sidney Community Endowment Fund; and Tabor Community Endowment Fund.
The Fremont County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds—such as those above—that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Fremont County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any advisory board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Fremont County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Advisory board members of the Fremont County Community Foundation are Chair, Darynn Ruiz of Sidney; Vice Chair, Teri Emberton of Hamburg; Secretary/Treasurer, Staci Shearer of Farragut; Teresa Hardy of Randolph; Tim Inman of Randolph; and Mai Le of Thurman.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.