The Montgomery County Community Foundation, working in partnership with the Red Oak Heritage Foundation, is pleased to announce that grants totaling $27,500 were awarded to Montgomery County nonprofit agencies and local municipalities. With these grants, the Montgomery County Community Foundation has distributed over $1.8 million in grants and scholarships over the last 21 years.
The following organizations were awarded grants by the Montgomery County Community Foundation Advisory Board at a November 21st check presentation, pictured above:
- City of Villisca – $1,500, Villisca Community Building
- Montgomery County Family YMCA – $1,500, Member and Program Participant Safety
- Nishna Productions, Inc. – $3,000, Emergency Preparedness Items
- Pregnancy Center of Southwest Iowa – $490, Lighting for Classroom and Client New Beginnings Room
- Project Porchlight – $1,000, Project Backpack
- Red Oak Child Development Center – $5,000, Child Care Room Furnishings – Infant to Toddler
- Red Oak Grand Theatre, Inc. – $4,200, Awning Project
- Red Oak Public Library – $2,500, Kitchen Floor Replacement
- Stanton Viking Center – $1,500, Sport Programs Equipment Project
- Sunshine ‘N Rainbows Childcare Center – $5,000, Center Improvements: Floor and Security
- Villisca Community School District – $1,585, Building Positive Culture
- Villisca Public Library – $225, Fire Safety
All grantees met the criteria as Montgomery County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Montgomery County were eligible to apply.
These grant funds were made possible by the generosity of donors to the Montgomery County Community Foundation and the following charitable funds through the community foundation: The Focht Family Endowed Fund for Villisca; Stanton Endowment Fund; VHS Class of 1977 Endowment Fund; and Villisca Community Endowment Fund.
The Montgomery County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds—such as those above—that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Montgomery County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Montgomery County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Montgomery County Community Foundation are Chair, Dennis D. Bloom, Esq. of Red Oak; Vice Chair, Bruce Swanson, Esq. of Red Oak; Secretary/Treasurer, Marty Barnett of Red Oak; Mickey Anderson of Stanton; Christine Johnson of Red Oak; James Norris of Red Oak; Barbara Reisinger of Red Oak; Donna Robinson of Villisca; and John Tischer of Elliott.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or email@example.com.