The Page County Community Foundation, working in partnership with the Clarinda Foundation and the Greater Shenandoah Foundation, is pleased to announce that grants totaling $11,192 were awarded to Page County nonprofit and municipal agencies. With these grants, the Page County Community Foundation has distributed over $1.9 million in grants and scholarships over the last 15 years.
As part of its annual fall grant cycle, the Page County Community Foundation awards funds to deserving, qualified nonprofits and local municipalities serving Page County to benefit select initiatives and priorities. For the Fall 2019 Cycle, the following organizations were awarded grants by the Page County Community Foundation Advisory Board at a November 21st check presentation, pictured above:
- Clarinda First United Methodist Church Sew and Share Food Pantry – $500, Heating and Cooling System Modifications
- Coin Public Library – $2,048, For Items of Permanence
- Community Food Pantry – Shenandoah – $500, For Items of Permanence
- Lied Public Library – Clarinda – $2,048, For Items of Permanence
- Lied Public Library – Essex – $2,048, For Items of Permanence
- Porter’s Lake Lutheran Founders, Inc. – $2,000, Ramp Replacement for Improved Accessibility
- Shenandoah Public Library Foundation – $2,048, For Items of Permanence
Beyond its grant programs, the Page County Community Foundation partners with the Clarinda Foundation and the Greater Shenandoah Foundation to assist individuals, families, businesses, and organizations in creating permanent and expendable funds that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Page County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Page County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Page County Community Foundation are Chair, Mandy Fielder of Shenandoah; Vice Chair, Dennis Grebert of Shenandoah; Secretary/Treasurer, Laura Swanson of Clarinda; Scott Brown of Clarinda, Scott Sump of Clarinda; and Brian Steinkuehler of Shenandoah.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or email@example.com.