The Fremont County Community Foundation is pleased to announce that grants totaling $25,250 were awarded to Fremont County nonprofit organizations and community projects. With these grants, the Fremont County Community Foundation has distributed over $2 million in grants and scholarships over the last 22 years.
The following organizations were awarded grants by the Fremont County Community Foundation Advisory Board:
- City of Farragut – $640, Ongoing Park Update
- Farragut Community Hometown Pride – $1,110, Leisure Hall Improvements and Maintenance
- George C. Grape Community Hospital – $4,300, Patient Care Equipment
- Hamburg School Music Department – $600, Exposure to the Fine Arts
- InterChurch Council – $1,500, Replace Damaged Glass
- Percival Hometown Pride – $2,000, Park Landscaping Project
- Shenandoah Medical Center Foundation – $2,090, Examination Chair for Tabor Clinic
- Sidney Hometown Pride – $2,180, Downtown Benches
- Sidney Volunteer Fire and Rescue – $9,320, Purchase of a Drone
- Tabor Public Library – $750, Smart Programs, Presentations, and Workouts
- Thurman Hometown Pride – $500, Materials and Supplies
- West Central Community Action – $260, Food Pantry Shelving
All grantees met the criteria as Fremont County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Fremont County were eligible to apply.
These grant funds were made possible by the generosity of donors to the Fremont County Community Foundation and the following charitable funds through the community foundation: Farragut Community Endowment Fund; Hamburg Arts Endowed Fund; Hamburg Community Endowment Fund; Percival Community Endowment Fund; and Sidney Community Endowment Fund.
The Fremont County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds—such as those above—that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Fremont County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Fremont County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Fremont County Community Foundation are Chair, Jonna Loewe of Sidney; Vice Chair, Lindsey Carter of Randolph; Secretary/Treasurer, Staci Shearer of Farragut; Teri Emberton of Hamburg; Tim Inman of Randolph; and Darynn Ruiz of Sidney.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.