The Cass County Community Foundation is pleased to announce that grants totaling $30,375 were awarded to Cass County nonprofit organizations and community projects. With these grants, the Cass County Community Foundation has distributed over $2.2 million in grants and scholarships over the last 22 years.
The following organizations were awarded grants by the Cass County Community Foundation Advisory Board:
- Anita Child Care Center – $900, Exterior Signage
- Anita Health and Wellness Center – $1,700, Treadmill and Nu-Step
- Anita Public Library – $1,500, New Computer Tables and Chairs
- Anita Volunteer Fire Association – $1,500, Bunker Gear
- Ann W. Wickman Child Development Center – $2,000, Replace Refrigerator in Kitchen
- Atlantic Parks and Recreation – $3,000, Schildberg Trail Washout Repair
- Atlantic Rock Island Society Enterprise (ARISE) – $2,000, Projector Screen and Bookshelves
- Cass County First Responders – $1,500, Cass County Drone Program
- Cass County Health System Foundation – $1,500, Purchase C-Arm
- Cass County Historical Museum – $1,700, Painting Exterior Decorative Tin
- Crossroads of Western Iowa – $900, Emergency Preparedness Kits
- Cumberland Public Library – $1,800, Automatic Doors
- Friends of the Griswold Public Library – $1,700, Materials for Vision Impaired
- Griswold Rescue – $1,150, Forcible Entry Tools
- Hitchcock House Advisory Board – $2,000, Operating Fund Support
- Kids Come First – $500, Sidewalk
- Lewis Public Library – $400, Bookshelves for Children Section
- Massena Public Library – $500, Equipment Update
- Nishna Valley Family YMCA – $2,325, Water Fountain Upgrade
- SHIFT ATL – $1,800, SHIFT Building Rehabilitation
All grantees met the criteria as Cass County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Cass County were eligible to apply.
These grant funds were made possible by the generosity of donors to the Cass County Community Foundation and the following charitable funds through the community foundation: Griswold Community Development Endowed Fund and Triumph Endowed Fund for Cass County.
The Cass County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds—such as those above—that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Cass County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Cass County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Cass County Community Foundation are Chair, Kristi Burg of Massena; Vice Chair, Gary Maas of Anita; Secretary/Treasurer, Roland K. Landsness, Esq. of Atlantic; Royal Bierbaum of Griswold; Sue Hunt of Atlantic; and Mark D. Kyhnn, CPA of Atlantic.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.