The Fremont County Community Foundation is pleased to announce that grants totaling $121,110 were awarded to Fremont County nonprofit organizations and community projects as part of its spring grant cycle.
The following organizations were awarded grants by the Fremont County Community Foundation Advisory Board:
- City of Thurman – $7,500, Park Play Equipment
- Farragut Fire and Rescue Association – $10,000, Jaws of Life Combination Tool
- Fremont County Historical Society – $4,000, The Gathering Place Roof
- Friends of Waubonsie State Park – $3,250, Campground Check-In Stations
- George C. Grape Community Hospital – $14,000, Patient Care Equipment
- Percival Fire and Rescue – $4,500, Flood Restoration
- Percival Hometown Pride – $5,000, Storage Shed and Concrete
- Randolph Hometown Pride – $32,695, Community Storm Shelter, Restrooms, and Concessions
- Sidney Hometown Pride – $15,620, Welcome Sign #2
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace, Inc. – $3,820, Building Beds in Fremont County
- Tabor Library Association – $15,000, Library Capital Campaign Phase 2
- Wabash Trace Nature Trail – $4,500, Imogene Corridor Interpretation
- West Central Community Action – $1,225, Fremont County Food Pantry Shelving
All grantees met the criteria as Fremont County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Fremont County were eligible to apply.
The Fremont County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Omaha Community Foundation, which meets National Standards for Community Foundations, and is one of nine county members of the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa. It receives funds annually from the State of Iowa County Endowment Fund Program for endowment building and grantmaking throughout the county. Made possible through the County Endowment Fund Program, this cycle of grants was funded by a percentage of the state’s commercial gaming tax revenue, which is distributed annually to participating community foundations associated with counties without a state-issued gaming license.
Beyond the County Endowment Fund Program, the Fremont County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Fremont County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Fremont County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Fremont County Community Foundation are Chair, Kent Claiborne of Hamburg; Vice Chair, Steve Lorimor of Farragut; Secretary/Treasurer, Staci Shearer of Farragut; Lindsey Carter of Randolph; Jonna Loewe of Sidney; and Darynn Ruiz of Sidney.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.