The Cass County Community Foundation is pleased to announce that grants totaling $121,110 were awarded to Cass County nonprofit organizations and community projects as part of its spring grant cycle.
The following organizations were awarded grants by the Cass County Community Foundation Advisory Board:
- 309 Club – $1,000, New Carpet
- Anita Child Care Center – $500, Safety Compliance and Toy Updates
- Anita Health and Wellness Center – $6,000, Cardio Equipment
- Anita Volunteer Fire Association – $5,000,Bunker Gear
- Ann W. Wickman Child Development Center – $8,000, Building Improvements and Renovations
- Atlantic Parks and Recreation – $7,410, Mollett Park Improvement
- Atlantic Public Library – $3,000, Window Shades
- Atlantic Rock Island Society Enterprise (ARISE) – $10,000, Replace Depot Windows
- Atlantic Youth Sports Organization – $5,000, Athletic Complex Fence Improvements
- Cass County Historical Museum – $3,000, Preservation of Fashion Design Drawings
- City of Anita – $6,000, Project Playground
- City of Griswold – $2,000, Community Building ADA Compliant Door
- Crossroads of Western Iowa – $1,500, Cass County Family and Friends Outreach
- Cumberland Public Library – $2,000, Automatic Doors and New Windows
- Cumberland Volunteer Fire Department – $4,000, Fire Tool Acquisition
- Cumberland Youth Fitness Program – $2,000, Fitness Center Upgrades
- Friends of the Griswold Public Library – $2,500, Technology Updates
- Griswold Rescue – $3,500, Patient Reporting Software and Tablets
- Griswold Volunteer Fire Department – $2,700, AED and Particulate Hoods
- Griswold Youth Sports – $4,000, Sports Complex Improvements
- Hitchcock House Advisory Board – $4,000, Foundation Wall Repairs
- Lewis Public Library – $1,000, Equipment for Movies and Programs
- Little Lambs Preschool/Kids Come First – $4,000, Room Expansion and Security Upgrades
- Marne Firefighter and Rescue Association – $4,000, Replacing Aging PPE
- Massena Historical Society – $4,000, Barbershop Roof and Window Replacement
- Massena Public Library – $2,000, Upgraded Book Displays and Technology Equipment
- Nishna Valley Family YMCA – $20,000, Racquetball Court Conversion Project
- SHIFT ATL – $3,000, SHIFT Building Rehabilitation
All grantees met the criteria as Cass County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Cass County were eligible to apply.
The Cass County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Omaha Community Foundation, which meets National Standards for Community Foundations, and is one of nine county members of the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa. It receives funds annually from the State of Iowa County Endowment Fund Program for endowment building and grantmaking throughout the county. Made possible through the County Endowment Fund Program, this cycle of grants was funded by a percentage of the state’s commercial gaming tax revenue, which is distributed annually to participating community foundations associated with counties without a state-issued gaming license.
Beyond the County Endowment Fund Program, the Cass County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Cass County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Cass County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Cass County Community Foundation are Chair, Nicholas Hunt of rural Atlantic; Vice Chair, Gary Maas of Anita; Secretary/Treasurer, Roland K. Landsness, Esq. of Atlantic; Royal Bierbaum of rural Griswold; Kristi Burg of Massena; and Mark D. Kyhnn, CPA of Atlantic.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.