To grow, lead, and succeed, it’s crucial to take stock of what we have done, where we are now, and how we plan to get where we want to go.
Because of the support of our fundholder family and many other community champions, the Omaha Community Foundation has invested in involving more people, families, and businesses in philanthropy and building a deeper understanding of how to have a positive impact on this community.
Our family of donors has grown tremendously and has invested $1.5 billion in the community over the last 10 years—that’s two thirds of the total given since the Foundation was established.
In 2019 alone, we saw our donors continue to support important investments that are driving transformative change in this community.
Some highlights from 2019 include:
- $165 million granted to 2,854 nonprofits from more than 1,200 fundholders
- 354 nonprofits engaged in OCF grant programs
- $650,100 granted to 57 local nonprofits through our four resident-led grantmaking programs
- 18,612 Omaha Gives donors raised more $6.8 million for 963 in 24 hours
- 47 young professionals granted $45,000 through the Omaha Venture Group
We thank this community—and most importantly, our 2,000-plus fundholders—for another incredible year of giving back. You can view the full summary of 2019 results here.