The Futuro Latino Fund committee awarded $175,000 to 12 organizations serving the Latino community. The Omaha Community Foundation received 25 applications with grant requests totaling $442,900.
2023 Futuro Latino Fund Recipients
- DIBS for Kids • $10,000 for DIBS Bilingual School Support Coordinator
- H2O Collective • $15,000 for D’ Colores
- Families in Action/Familias en Acción • $10,000 for Mujeres y su Bienestar
- Jackson Boxing Club • $17,500 for operations, equipment, and competition travel
- Latino Economic Development Council • $25,000 for Adelante II – South Omaha
- LIVE Leadership Camp • $20,000 for LIVE Leadership Camp
- Matters On Tomorrow • $15,000 for True Potential Scholarships
- Metro Young Latino Professionals Association • $15,000 for MYLPA Scholarship and Professional Development
- Mexican American Historical Society of the Midlands • $10,000 for Mestizaje: Nosotros Somos Todos
- MOMentum • $5,000 for career coaching and support
- Omaha Classic OLG youth athletics • $17,500 for Spring Lake Baseball Field renovation
- Park Avenue Neighborhood Association • $15,000 for Hanscom Park Mini-Pitch
Grants made through our Community Interest Funds are strategic investments meant to increase access and equity. We ask community members to lead the grant process using their own power and understanding. Each committee is made up of residents who come from or identify with the population being served. They review proposals and decide which projects to fund based on the needs they are seeing in their community.
The next grant cycle will open on January 1, 2024.