Your clients rely on your guidance to make important financial decisions. When it comes to charitable giving, we can partner with you to simplify their giving and amplify their impact.
But don’t just take our word for it. Hear from professionals in the field like Amanda Forker, Attorney with Baird Holm LLP.
She advises clients in the areas of estate planning, trusts, wealth transfer, taxation, business succession planning, and nonprofit administration. She was named to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars in Estate Planning & Probate in 2021-2023. She was also listed in Nonprofit/Charities Law in Omaha Magazine’s 2021 Top Lawyers listing.
For your clients with charitable interests, what makes the Omaha Community Foundation a good partner to help facilitate their giving goals?
The Omaha Community Foundation’s local presence and flexible approach provides clients with the ability to find services to support their philanthropic goals that are as unique as their individual needs and interests. OCF recognizes that many charitable donors have different needs, and they have consistently helped my clients to identify services that simplify and streamline their charitable giving. The support services offered have helped my clients to find more enjoyment in the charitable giving process.
Tell us about your relationship with the Omaha Community Foundation.
The professionals at OCF see a different side of the philanthropic giving process from their advisory seat than I see from mine. Each time I run a scenario by an OCF staff member to receive their thoughts, I learn something new from their experience on the side of distributing charitable gifts. Great ideas come from the collaboration of multiple viewpoints.
How have your clients partnered with OCF to support their charitable giving?
I have worked with clients who have:
- set up Charitable Checkbooks® to maximize their income tax charitable deductions since the change of standard deductions;
- created Donor Advised Funds for each of their children, which allow the client to provide charitable funds for the child to direct independently;
- engaged OCF to facilitate the development of the mission and grant cycle process for new private foundations; and
- utilized OCF’s supporting services in grant distribution and record keeping for private foundation distributions.
What are the questions you are most commonly asked as it relates to philanthropy?
- Is contributing cash to a charitable organization the most tax-efficient alternative for me?
- I would like to support a particular charitable organization upon my death, can you provide me with a list of options that may accomplish my goal?
- I am interested in a particular charitable service area, how can I disperse funds upon my death to an organization that is effective in the desired space without continually updating the designation of funds in my estate plan?
- How can I support my children’s and/or grandchildren’s charitable interests and goals?