The Cass County Community Foundation awarded $36,600 to Cass County nonprofit organizations and community projects during its Fall 2022 Grant Cycle. Including these most recent grants, the Cass County Community Foundation has distributed more than $2.6 million in grants and scholarships over the last 24 years.
The following organizations are Fall 2022 Grant Recipients:
- Anita Public Library – $1,000, Obituary Card File Cabinets
- Anita Town & Country – $600, Project Organization
- Anita Volunteer Fire Association – $1,175, Laerdal Compact Suction Unit
- Atlantic Public Library – $1,000, Exterior Security Camera
- Cass County Historical Museum – $3,500, Replacement of HVAC System in Museum
- City of Griswold – $2,000, City Park Revitalization
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa – $500, Girl Scout Tree Promise – Cass County
- Griswold Fire Department – $1,610, Ventilation Chainsaw
- Griswold Rescue – $1,060, Portable Suction Unit
- Iowa Jobs for America’s Graduates (iJAG) – $2,555, Career Pathways for Underserved Youth
- Kiwanis Club of Atlantic – $500, Books for Kindergartners and Newborns
- LC Clinic – $1,000, Lactation Consultation Equipment and Supplies
- Lewis Public Library – $1,000, Tween/Teen Makerspace
- Massena Historical Society – $2,600, Interior Improvements
- Massena Public Library – $1,000, Community Room Update
- Noble Initiative Foundation – $7,000, Concrete Work
- The 309 Club, Inc. – $1,000 Parking Lot Improvements
- Trivium Life Services – $1,500, Fresh Start Fund
- Wesley Retirement Services, Inc. – $5,000, Heritage House Audio/Visual Enhancement
- West Central Community Action – $1,000, Emergency Clothing Room Equipment
All grantees met the criteria as Cass County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Cass County were eligible to apply.
These grant funds were made possible by the generosity of donors to the Cass County Community Foundation and the following charitable funds through the community foundation: Griswold Community Development Endowed Fund and Triumph Endowed Fund for Cass County.
The Cass County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Cass County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any advisory board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Cass County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Advisory board members of the Cass County Community Foundation are Chair, Kristi Burg of Massena; Vice Chair, Gaylord Schelling of Atlantic; Secretary/Treasurer, Sue Hunt of Atlantic; Sandy Bierbaum of Griswold; Justin D. Hockenberry of Anita; and Mike Tibken of Anita.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or email@example.com.