The Cass County Community Foundation awarded $33,200 to Cass County nonprofit organizations and community projects during its Fall 2021 Grant Cycle. Including these most recent grants, the Cass County Community Foundation has distributed over $2.4 million in grants and scholarships over the last 23 years.
The following organizations are Fall 2021 Grant Recipients:
- Ann W. Wickman Child Development Center – $1,000, Operational Support
- ARISE – $2,690, Tables for Rock Island Depot
- Cass County Fair Association – $2,000, Replacement of Goat Stalls
- Cass County Historical Museum – $1,000, Museum Lighting Refurbishment
- Cass County Library Association – $850, Imagination Library in Cass County
- City of Griswold – $5,000, City Park Revitalization
- Friends of the Griswold Public Library – $1,000, Computer Upgrades
- Griswold Pickleball – $2,000, Griswold School Pickleball Project
- Griswold Rescue – $1,000, Reeve’s Stretcher
- Griswold Volunteer Fire Department – $1,300, Firefighter Flashlights
- Hitchcock House Advisory Board – $2,000, 2022 Touring Season Advertising
- Iowa Jobs for America’s Graduates (iJAG) – $3,000, Career Pathways for Underserved Youth
- LC Clinic – $2,000, LC Clinic Atlantic Laboratory Furnishings
- Massena Historical Society – $1,500, Country School Windows Project
- Massena Public Library – $1,000, Outdoor Book Return Box Replacement
- Nishna Valley Family YMCA – $1,500, Family Programming Event Coordinator
- SHIFT ATL – $2,000, The Telegraph Community Mural
- Southwest Iowa Fishing Team, Inc – $1,000, Fish Habitat Conservation Project
- Trivium Life Services – $800, Technology Resources for Expanded Learning
- West Central Community Action – $560, Emergency Clothing Room Shelving
All grantees met the criteria as Cass County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Cass County were eligible to apply.
These grant funds were made possible by the generosity of donors to the Cass County Community Foundation and the following charitable funds through the community foundation: Griswold Community Development Endowed Fund and Triumph Endowed Fund for Cass County.
The Cass County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Cass County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Cass County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
The Cass County Advisory Board Members are Chair, Kristi Burg of Massena; Vice Chair, Mark D. Kyhnn, CPA of Atlantic; Secretary/Treasurer, Sue Hunt of Atlantic; Sandy Bierbaum of Griswold; and Gaylord Schelling of Atlantic.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or email@example.com.