The Montgomery County Community Foundation, working in partnership with the Red Oak Heritage Foundation, is pleased to announce that grants totaling $30,800 were awarded to Montgomery County nonprofit organizations and community projects. With these grants, the Montgomery County Community Foundation has distributed over $2 million in grants and scholarships over the last 22 years.
The following organizations were awarded grants by the Montgomery County Community Foundation Advisory Board:
- City of Villisca – $1,000, Community Building Paint Project
- Montgomery County Agricultural Society – $3,000, New Ceiling in Gold Auditorium
- Montgomery County Family YMCA – $1,500, Program and Member Safety
- Montgomery County History Center – $900, Wahlund Photographic Collection
- Nishna Productions, Inc. – $3,000, Standby Generator
- Red Oak Child Development Center – $2,500, Classroom Door Replacement Project
- Red Oak Grand Theatre, Inc. – $2,500, Hearing Impaired/Closed Captioning System
- Red Oak Rotary Club – $2,500, Electronic Red Oak Community Sign
- Southwest Valley Middle School – $1,500, SWVMS STEM Store
- Stanton Public Library – $1,075, New Computer
- Stanton Viking Center – $1,500, Office Hardware
- Sunshine ‘N Rainbows Childcare Center – $4,000, Center Siding Project
- The Restored Burlington Northern Depot & WWII Memorial Museum – $3,825, Depot Museum Embankment Fence Project
- Villisca Public Library – $2,000, A/C Unit Replacement
All grantees met the criteria as Montgomery County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Montgomery County were eligible to apply.
These grant funds were made possible by the generosity of donors to the Montgomery County Community Foundation and the following charitable funds through the community foundation: The Focht Family Endowed Fund for Villisca; Stanton Endowment Fund; VHS Class of 1977 Endowment Fund; and Villisca Community Endowment Fund.
The Montgomery County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds—such as those above—that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Montgomery County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Montgomery County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Montgomery County Community Foundation are Chair, James Norris of Red Oak; Vice Chair, Bruce Swanson, Esq. of Red Oak; Secretary/Treasurer, Marty Barnett of Red Oak; Mickey Anderson of Stanton; Kevin Britten of Red Oak; Barbara Reisinger of Red Oak; Donna Robinson of Villisca; Kim Robinson of Red Oak; and John Tischer of Elliott.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or email@example.com.