The Fremont County Community Foundation is pleased to announce that grants totaling $22,565 were awarded to Fremont County nonprofit agencies and local municipalities. With these grants, the Fremont County Community Foundation has distributed over $1.8 million in grants and scholarships over the last 21 years.
The following organizations were awarded grants by the Fremont County Community Foundation Advisory Board at a November 7th check presentation, pictured above:
- City of Hamburg – $2,535, Hamburg Ditch 6 Levee
- City of Imogene – $3,130, Tornado and Emergency Weather Sirens
- Farragut Community Hometown Pride – $710, Little Free Library Initiation
- Hamburg Hometown Pride – $1,000, Heroes Park Mulch
- Hamburg Junior High – $640, Exposure to the Arts
- Nishna Productions, Inc. – $1,400, Emergency Preparedness Items
- Percival Hometown Pride – $1,200, Park Trash Receptacles
- Sidney Hometown Pride – $3,000, Welcome Sign Landscaping and Enclosed Trailer Shelving
- Tabor Historical Society – $3,500, Carpet for Todd House Museum
- Tabor Hometown Pride – $2,000, Drinking Water Fountain
- Tabor Library Association – $3,000, Tabor Library Capital Campaign – Phase 1
- West Central Community Action – $450, Food Pantry Shelving
All grantees met the criteria as Fremont County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Fremont County were eligible to apply.
These grant funds were made possible by the generosity of donors to the Fremont County Community Foundation and the following charitable funds through the community foundation: Farragut Community Endowment Fund; Hamburg Arts Endowed Fund; Hamburg Community Endowment Fund; Percival Community Endowment Fund; and Sidney Community Endowment Fund.
The Fremont County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds—such as those above—that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Fremont County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Fremont County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Fremont County Community Foundation are Chair, Kent Claiborne of Hamburg; Vice Chair, Steve Lorimor of Farragut; Secretary/Treasurer, Staci Shearer of Farragut; Lindsey Carter of Randolph; Jonna Loewe of Sidney; and Darynn Ruiz of Sidney.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.