In 2021, our community was still in the midst of a global pandemic and still combating pervasive issues. Our fundholders stepped up, collectively making 16,533 grants, and also took time to reflect and intentionally plan and prioritize their giving efforts. Our Omaha Community Foundation team was no different.
The Foundation invested considerable time completing a three-year strategic plan. Our priorities include investing in internal capacity, leading and engaging our community with focus, and connecting our stakeholders with purpose. Our continued focus on equity remains embedded in everything we do.
But before we leap into the future, we need to pause and celebrate the successes—many of which you see in this report and all of which wouldn’t be possible without our talented team, engaged board, innovative partners, and support from our entire community.
Together, we made an impact here.
- We granted $175 million to nearly 3,200 nonprofits.
- Our Community Loan Fund made $1.8 million in new impact investments to five partners.
- Our resident-led Community Interest Funds—African American Unity Fund, Futuro Latino Fund, Refugee Community Grant Fund, Equality Fund for LGBTQIA2S+, and Omaha Neighborhood Grants Fund—provided $822,000 in support to 76 organizations.
- We continued our government partnerships, distributing $2 million to support small food and beverage businesses impacted by the pandemic.
- We made The Landscape data easier to access and use.
So many more achievements are highlighted through the numbers in our 2021 annual Impact Report.
We thank you for your continued generosity and steadfast partnership with the Omaha Community Foundation.