As we enter the holiday season and the final days of 2019, the Omaha Community Foundation is ready to assist you with your end-of-year giving and grantmaking.
In order to provide the best possible service for our donors, and ensure your year-end gifts qualify for a charitable income tax deduction in the 2019 tax year, please keep these important dates in mind:
- Gifts of appreciated stock must be received into Omaha Community Foundation brokerage accounts by 3:00 pm on Friday, December 27. We encourage you to reach out to your broker, as many brokerage firms may have their own deadlines for guaranteed stock transfers by year-end.
- Gifts of complex assets such as real estate, closely held business interests or stock, and planned giving vehicles should be discussed with a member of the Donor Services team in the early weeks of December to ensure the Gift Acceptance Committee has adequate time to review for approval and transfer by the end of the calendar year.
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to the Omaha Community Foundation must be postmarked on or before Tuesday, December 31.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS and DHL must be physically received at the Omaha Community Foundation office on or before Tuesday, December 31.
- Wire transfers of cash must be received into Omaha Community Foundation bank accounts by Tuesday, December 31. We encourage you to reach out to your banker, as many banks may have their own deadlines for guaranteed wire transfers by year-end.
- Online credit card contributions may be made until 11:59 pm on Tuesday, December 31 to ensure timely posting by the credit card company. Due to third-party merchant processing fees for credit card transactions, the Omaha Community Foundation charges a fee of 3% of the value of your contribution. Be assured that this fee does not reduce the total value of your contribution for tax purposes. However, these fees will be deducted from the credit card proceeds deposited into the account you have selected.
- The final day for processing grants is Thursday, December 26. Please note that the timing of grants does not impact charitable income tax deductions.
- The Omaha Community Foundation office will close at 5:00 pm on December 31.
Please contact a member of our Donor Services team at (402) 342-3458, or email@example.com with any questions you may have, or if we can be of assistance in gifting assets in these final days of 2019.
The Omaha Community Foundation is deeply appreciative of your generosity this holiday season. Thank you for your dedication to our community.