The Page County Community Foundation, working in partnership with the Clarinda Foundation and the Greater Shenandoah Foundation awarded $19,000 to Page County community projects and local municipalities. Including these most recent grants, the Page County Community Foundation has distributed over $2.3 million in grants and scholarships over the last 17 years.
As part of its annual fall grant cycle, the Page County Community Foundation awards funds to deserving, qualified nonprofits and local municipalities serving Page County to benefit select initiatives and priorities.
The following organizations are Fall 2021 Grant Recipients:
- Nodaway Valley Historical Society – $3,000, General Operating Support for Nodaway Valley Historical Museum
- Page County Conservation – $3,000, Rapp Park Extension
- Southwest Iowa Families – $6,000, County- wide Rent and Utility Assistance Program
- City of Clarinda – $1,166.66 , Clarinda Fire Department
- City of Shenandoah – $1,166.66 , Shenandoah Fire Department
- City of Essex – $1,166.67 , Essex Fire Department
- City of College Springs – $1,166.67 , College Springs Fire Department
- City of Coin – $1,166.67 , Coin Fire Department
- City of Braddyville – $1,166.67 , Braddyville Fire Department
Beyond its grant programs, the Page County Community Foundation partners with the Clarinda Foundation and the Greater Shenandoah Foundation to assist individuals, families, businesses, and organizations in creating permanent and expendable funds that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Page County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Page County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
The Page County Community Foundation Advisory Board Members are Chair, Mandy Fielder of Shenandoah; Vice Chair, Mark Walter of Clarinda; Secretary/Treasurer, Brian Steinkuehler of Shenandoah; Marlene Bashaw of Shenandoah; Scott Brown of Clarinda, and Pam Herzberg of Clarinda.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or email@example.com.