The Cass County Community Foundation is pleased to announce that it has awarded $116,841 in grants to Cass County nonprofit agencies. The following organizations were awarded grants by the Cass County Community Foundation Advisory Board:
- Anita Child Care Center – $1,000.00 to Replace Equipment and Furnishings
- Anita Health and Wellness Center – $1,500.00 for Weight Room Heat
- Anita Shooting Complex – $1,000.00 for Parking Lot Improvements
- Ann W. Wickman Child Development Center – $8,000.00 for Safety Repairs for Parking Lot
- Atlantic Rock Island Society (ARISE) – $10,000.00 to Replace Rock Island Depot Windows
- Atlantic Soccer Association – $8,000.00 for Goals for Soccer Complex
- Atlantic Youth Sports Organization – $6,000.00 for Focus 2019
- Cass County Health System Foundation – $4,000.00 for OB Bundle
- Cass County Historical Society – $5,341.19 for Building Renovations
- Cumberland Public Library – $4,000.00 for New Windows and Computer Equipment
- Cumberland Youth Fitness Program – $5,000.00 for Exercise Equipment
- Friends of the Griswold Public Library – $5,000.00 to Build Meeting Room
- Friends of the Outdoor Classroom –$4,000.00 for Wetlands Enhancement
- Griswold Rescue Department – $5,000.00 for Loft or Vacuum Splint Kits
- Griswold Volunteer Fire Department – $3,000.00 for Equipment
- Griswold Youth Sports – $5,000.00 for Infield Leveling
- Lewis Public Library – $2,000.00 for Fire Proof Book Drop
- Marne Firefighter and Rescue Association – $6,000.00 for PPE Equipment
- Massena Fire and Rescue – $4,000.00 for Equipment
- Massena Public Library – $1,000.00 for Book Shelves and Furniture
- Nishna Valley Family YMCA – $19,000.00 for North Gym Air Handler Replacement
- Nishna Valley Trails – $9,000.00 for Schildberg Shelter and Informational Gazebo
All grantees met the criteria as Cass County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions in the areas of civic, cultural, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Cass County were eligible. Cass County agency representatives received their checks on April 5. During brief check distribution activities, Nicholas Hunt commended the nonprofit agencies for their individual efforts to provide a better quality of life for the residents of Cass County.
Our Advisory Board is pleased to direct $116,841 in grants to these important community efforts in Cass County. The Cass County Community Foundation is one of nine counties that are collectively known as the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa and meets or exceeds the Standards for Community Foundations as established by the Council on Foundations in Washington DC.
The Cass County Community Foundation, as an affiliate of the Omaha Community Foundation and member of the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa, receives funds annually from the State of Iowa County Endowment Fund Program for endowment building and grantmaking throughout the county. Created in 2004, the County Endowment Fund Program is funded by a percentage of the state’s commercial gaming tax revenue. These funds are distributed annually to participating community foundations and affiliate community foundations associated with counties without a state-issued gaming license.
Beyond the County Endowment Fund Program, the Cass County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create charitable funds that address the changing, vital community needs and interests. Donating to a charitable fund helps your neighbors today and you help build a stronger community tomorrow. Not only that, you may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit for each donation, in addition to any Federal tax benefits for which you may qualify. The Cass County Community Foundation invests and administers these funds and distributes grants to deserving, qualified nonprofit organizations. “This has grown from an annual event to twice a year, with one grant cycle in the spring and another in the fall,” said Hunt.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Cass County nonprofits may go here to learn more about the grant guidelines and to apply.