The Cass County Community Foundation is pleased to announce that grants totaling $104,325 were awarded to Cass County nonprofit organizations and community projects as part of its spring grant cycle.
The following organizations were awarded grants by the Cass County Community Foundation Advisory Board:
- 309 Club – $2,500, Interior Wall Completion
- Anita Child Care Center – $2,000, Room Updates
- Anita Health and Wellness Center – $6,000, Flooring
- Anita Public Library – $6,000, Commercial Front Windows
- Anita Shooting Complex – $1,000, Lights for Trap and Skeet Fields
- Anita Volunteer Fire Association – $2,000, King Vision Video Laryngoscope
- Ann W. Wickman Child Development Center – $8,000, Improvements to Existing Equipment
- Atlantic Lions Club – $3,000, Cedar Park Basketball Court Reconstruction
- Atlantic Public Library – $5,000, Adult Computer Tables
- Atlantic Rock Island Society Enterprise (ARISE) – $2,300, LED Lighting
- Cass County Fair Association – $5,000, Building a New Concession Stand
- Cass County Health System Foundation – $2,000, OB Central Monitoring System
- Cass County Historical Museum – $2,000, Museum Lighting Refurbishment
- City of Griswold – $2,500, Community Center Dance Floor
- Crossroads of Western Iowa – $1,000, Defibrillators for Supported Living Home
- Cumberland Public Library – $3,000, Automatic Doors and Windows
- Cumberland Volunteer Fire Department – $10,000, Updating Bunker Gear
- Griswold Rescue – $3,525, Stryker Stair Chair
- Griswold Volunteer Fire Department – $3,000, Rescue Saw
- Hitchcock House Advisory Board – $2,000, 2021 Touring Season Advertising
- LC Clinic – $3,500, Atlantic Clinic Education Program
- Massena Public Library – $3,000, Renovate Restroom and Repair/Repaint Walls
- Massena Visionary Committee – $4,000, Main Street Commons
- Nishna Valley Family YMCA – $17,500, Pool Water Heater Replacement
- SHIFT ATL – $2,000, SHIFT Building Rehabilitation
- Southwest Iowa Fishing Team, Inc. – $2,500, Fish Habitat Conservation Project
All grantees met the criteria as Cass County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Cass County were eligible to apply.
The Cass County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Omaha Community Foundation, which meets National Standards for Community Foundations, and is one of nine county members of the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa. It receives funds annually from the State of Iowa County Endowment Fund Program for endowment building and grantmaking throughout the county. Made possible through the County Endowment Fund Program, this cycle of grants was funded by a percentage of the state’s commercial gaming tax revenue, which is distributed annually to participating community foundations associated with counties without a state-issued gaming license.
Beyond the County Endowment Fund Program, the Cass County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Cass County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Cass County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Cass County Community Foundation are Chair, Kristi Burg of Massena; Vice Chair, Gary Maas of Anita; Secretary/Treasurer, Roland K. Landsness, Esq. of Atlantic; Sandy Bierbaum of Griswold; Sue Hunt of Atlantic; and Mark D. Kyhnn, CPA of Atlantic.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or email@example.com.