The Fremont County Community Foundation is pleased to announce that grants totaling $103,875 were awarded to Fremont County nonprofit organizations and community projects as part of its spring grant cycle.
The following organizations were awarded grants by the Fremont County Community Foundation Advisory Board:
- City of Sidney – $16,000, Gazebo Park on the Square
- City of Thurman – $1,000, Park Enhancement Project
- Farragut Community Hometown Pride – $2,270, Admiral Trail Rest Area
- Farragut Fire and Rescue Association – $8,638, Air Packs and Bunker Gear
- Fremont County Conservation Board – $4,419, Roadside Park and Campground Playground
- Fremont County Fair Board – $10,000, Update Building HVAC
- Fremont County Historical Society – $2,500, Operating Support
- George C. Grape Community Hospital – $8,314, Patient Care Equipment
- Hamburg Hometown Pride – $7,500, Concrete Picnic Tables
- Percival Hometown Pride – $2,600, Accessible Restroom Project
- Randolph Public Library – $11,460, New Floor in Library
- Shenandoah Medical Center Foundation – $3,000, Sidney Clinic Building Improvements
- Sidney Hometown Pride – $5,000, South Entrance Welcome Sign
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace, Inc. – $5,850, Building Beds
- Southwest Iowa Fishing Team, Inc. – $1,000, Fish Habitat Conservation Project
- Tabor Historical Society – $5,000, HVAC Improvements
- Thurman Fire Department – $9,000, Protective Fire Gear
- West Central Community Action – $324, Food Pantry Utility Cart
All grantees met the criteria as Fremont County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Fremont County were eligible to apply.
The Fremont County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Omaha Community Foundation, which meets National Standards for Community Foundations, and is one of nine county members of the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa. It receives funds annually from the State of Iowa County Endowment Fund Program for endowment building and grantmaking throughout the county. Made possible through the County Endowment Fund Program, this cycle of grants was funded by a percentage of the state’s commercial gaming tax revenue, which is distributed annually to participating community foundations associated with counties without a state-issued gaming license.
Beyond the County Endowment Fund Program, the Fremont County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Fremont County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Fremont County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
Board members of the Fremont County Community Foundation are Chair, Jonna Loewe of Sidney; Vice Chair, Lindsey Carter of Randolph; Secretary/Treasurer, Staci Shearer of Farragut; Teri Emberton of Hamburg; Tim Inman of Randolph; and Darynn Ruiz of Sidney.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or email@example.com.