Douglas County CARES Act Grant Programs LEARN MORE
We support families who give
Our staff has worked with hundreds of families over the years on projects of all scopes and sizes. We’re especially good at helping families to focus their philanthropic priorities. We help families find common ground and goals across generations—and we help them set clear guidelines for their giving.
The Foundation’s services are flexible; we can always tailor a project to meet your family’s needs. But here are a few ways that we most commonly work with families:
- Funds designed for children and teens—we can also suggest ways to incorporate philanthropy into your family’s everyday life.
- Get you started with a family giving project or open a Donor Advised Family Fund for you.
- Help you to consider how your family’s giving may continue as a legacy for future generations.
Donor Advised Family Funds
A Donor Advised Family Fund allows families to think strategically, both short and long-term, about their philanthropic goals and planning. The Fund offers you all the Foundation’s services, knowledge, and resources to help make your giving more impactful.
Receive favorable tax benefits with flexibility
- Deposit an initial contribution of $50,000 or more in cash or appreciated assets to enjoy the benefits of a private foundation, without the added expenses or administrative burdens.
- Recommend one of four investment program options used for the fund, and receive any earnings, above the professional service fee, back into the fund tax-free.
- Decide the timing of your grants to nonprofit organizations—there is no requirement to advise a grant from the fund in a given year.
Receive a tax donation upon receipt of your donations into the fund.
Engage your family with our charitable knowledge and resources
- Have access to our library of donor resources, including knowledge reports and updates on philanthropic trends and research relevant to your giving interests.
- Stay updated on local, regional, and national philanthropic trends and news that’s relevant to your interests or passions.
- Assign successors (children, family, etc.) to continue advising grants past your lifetime.
Engage in specialized family foundation giving services to meet your philanthropic goals; our customizable services allow your family to create the fund that best suits your needs and preferences.
Enjoy specialized services, convenience, and ease in giving
- Utilize our online donor portal to distribute grants of $100 or more to the nonprofit of your choice, at the time of your choosing.
- Monitor your fund activity online, receive quarterly fund statements, and the necessary paperwork at tax time
- Avoid capital gains by donating long-term appreciated assets into your fund, including stock, real estate, mutual funds, and life insurance.
- Receive acknowledgement for your grants or choose to remain anonymous.